cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus restore issue

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

In Lotus restore console i could see something strange.

i want to restore a single nsf file and when i see in Nbu master restore console, backup date of file is 04/24/2014:16:00:00 and the file modified date is 04/25/2014 14:00:00. How it is possible ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The date of backup image is the time when backup is started.

So, if backup runs for extended period (e.g. 2 days), it is possibile that files that are updated after the backup started will be backed up.

Another possibility is different date and time on the client OS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I can only assume that there is something about that file or the server that it came from

NetBackup just reads and stores the file attributes and records those when it does the backup

Have you had a look at the original file on the server? It may be that it has similar attributes.

Could the file be replicated from else where? It is 14:06 on 1st May in the UK but already just after midnight on 2nd May in other parts of the world....

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

There is no replication found.

In case my backup starts today and it ran completelt next day and end 3rd day. In this situation will this issue occure ? Means in restore console, backup date will show as todays and one particular file got updated on 2nd day in the source and backed up on 3rd day. Is that possible ?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The date of backup image is the time when backup is started.

So, if backup runs for extended period (e.g. 2 days), it is possibile that files that are updated after the backup started will be backed up.

Another possibility is different date and time on the client OS.