cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LotusNotes Trans/staged backups.

NathanNieman
Level 6

We have a company here helping or Lotus notes admin build a new Lotus notes farm including the domino server, Archiving server etc.

There are all VM servers running server 2012 R2There are 6 drives on this server

I can handle most of this but 3 of the drives

They want Transaction logs backup.  which from what I am seeing I can't do this as a VM backup I am going to have to install a agent on the server correct?

Not the next issue is the D, and E drive

They are saying I have to backup D, before E is backup or it will screw everything up.  I am not seeing any way of saying backup D and once that is finished back up E.

Is there a way to stage this with out making 2 policys at 2 different times?

Any help would be great I am reading the admin guide for lotus notes backup now.

Netbackup server is

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Media/master same server

Netbackup 7.5.0.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Q:They want Transaction logs backup.  which from what I am seeing I can't do this as a VM backup I am going to have to install a agent on the server correct?

A: Correct.  You will have to install NetBackup Client within the guest VM in order to utilise the Lotus Notes agent.

Q: They are saying I have to backup D, before E is backup or it will screw everything up.  I am not seeing any way of saying backup D and once that is finished back up E.  Is there a way to stage this with out making 2 policys at 2 different times?

A: Yes.  Place D: before E: in the one policy.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NathanNieman
Level 6

Really know one 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Q:They want Transaction logs backup.  which from what I am seeing I can't do this as a VM backup I am going to have to install a agent on the server correct?

A: Correct.  You will have to install NetBackup Client within the guest VM in order to utilise the Lotus Notes agent.

Q: They are saying I have to backup D, before E is backup or it will screw everything up.  I am not seeing any way of saying backup D and once that is finished back up E.  Is there a way to stage this with out making 2 policys at 2 different times?

A: Yes.  Place D: before E: in the one policy.