cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Exchange 2007 Restore issue

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

I am having NBU master running on NBU 7.5.0.4 (Linux) and two exchange nodes NODE150 and NODE151 which are clustered to form NODE155.

All the nodes are running on 7.5.0.4 out of which NODE150 is the media server.

The backup's were taken using NODE150 as active node until recently when the NODE151 was made active.

Now when we try to restore from older backup using CLUSTER name NODE155 - the data is getting restored into NODE150 instead of NODE151.

But the recently taken backup's using NODE151 as active is getting restored back to it again.

Is there any settings which I need to modify to redirect the restores to currently active node. I tried redirecting my restore using active node as destination server - but my Exhange admin complainst saying he is not able to do any recovery as RSG is created using CLUS name NODE155.

I also have a symantec case on it but still no solution for it.

Any suggestions pls..

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

you would need to configure your exchage backups with Cluster name NODE155, to avoide this situation.

when you configure the backups with cluster name, the restore will always points to the active node, where cluster is active.

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

Please review our ho to videos : http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41825

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

The backup's are infact configured using CLUSTER name but the restore are still going to PASSIVE NODE.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

so the IP that is mapped to Cluster name might be active on the PASSIVE node of the cluster, 

you would need to double  check that...