Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL 2008 recovery after Datacentre disaster

Rizwan_Ahmed_1
Level 4
Partner

Dear all,

I have master and few media server in my envoirnment.

We are backing up several applications databses,  oracle exchange sql etc.

I am planning to do a restore in test envoirnments. I will first restore the nbu catalog and then try to restore all the application/databses one by one.

My concerns is related to MS SQL 2008 .After restoring the catalog on the seperate envoirnment and with copy of the SQL data how I am gonna run MS-SQL client GUI to browse the backup and start the recovery. Please keep in mind the live server will not be accessible from this envoirnment. We have to provide the credentials in Sql client gui for NBU to be able to browse.

In docs i didnt find any thing in Disater Recovery chapter how to accomplish this in MS-sql admin guid efor NBU 7.

Kindly give me details how to accomplish this. This will help us restorin SQL When disaster Sruck.

Regards

Rizwan Ahmed Siddiqui

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rizwan,

Well you'll need to install a new server to host the sql database (or restore the server operating system first) and then install sql on it. Then you'll need to add the netbackup client to it. Once this is done you can configure the connection properties (which would be for the local server, not the one in production).

You can then follow the steps in this note to do the restore.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17567