cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP Diskpool Full - spoold will not start. What can I delete?

RNW_76
Level 3

Hi,

My MSDP Diskpool has filled up and I cannot get spoold started to compact or expire old images to regain.  The Diskpool is currently DOWN.  I have deleted the history\segments and history\dataobjects contents in iorder to reclaim 140GB but this still does not appear to be enough to get the spoold started. 

Can anyone else advise what else I could clear down to get the diskpool back up to run a crcontrol --processqueue?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

what is the total size of the MSDP pool? and currnet utilization?

did you find any errors while starting the spoold service...

if possible please attach the storage.log to this post...

RNW_76
Level 3

Hi Nagalla.  Thanks for your reply. 

The MSDP drive is 15.9 TB.  Having deleted the files mentioned earlier I have 140 GB of free space

Error Message - Windows could not start the Netbackup Deduplication engine service on the local computer.  Error 1: Incorrect Function

I may not be abkle to attach the storaged log

RNW_76
Level 3

Nagalla - Thanks for your response. 

MSDP -16TB.  140GB free space

Error Messsage - Windows Netbackup DeDuplication Engine service on Local Computer.  Error 1: Incorrect Function

Storaged.log attached

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This might help you, eventually. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192770

But first get some more space. Doublecheck to see if there is a Recycle Bin on this Drive and then get rid of it.

Then you might have to follow the link above to get it running again.

Once up, make sure you do not run any jobs to it or delete images as this will cause more transactions that can fill it back up.

Follow this first: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124914

Lastly, after it is up and running, doing the following will walk the database and kick loose any unneeded space.

<installpath>Netbackup/pdde/crcontrol --dsstat 1

If you have working space and do want to start expiring images, do it a few at a time for the reason I gave above.

RNW_76
Level 3

Hi mnolan.  Thanks for your reply.  I've eventually got sorted. 

I managed to delete some additional space from the logs directory on the MSDP drive and then Renamed F:\MSDP\Data\journal\0.bin to .old before restarting spoold successfully.  crcontrol --processqueue cleared a backlog of images due to be expired.

Thanks all who replied for your help