cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP Full, but has no images on it. crcontrol doesn't release any space.

SHollist
Level 3

I've got an MSDP that is a trget for A.I.R., that currently shows to be 96% full in the Disk Pools section of the Admin console, and 93% full when doing a "df" from the commandline on the media server.

I've tried running "/usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin/crcontrol --processqueueinfo" mulitle times over many days, but it still remains full.

bpimagelist -server [servername] doesn't show any results.

Is there a way to force a cleanup, are there files that I can just delete manually to clear the space?

It's cauisng A.I.R. to fail on the source, but I don't see any imports running on the target.

7 REPLIES 7

puneet102
Level 4
I suggest you to run MSDP check. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/25074086-127355784-0/v62562350-127355784. Hope it will solve your problem.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
bpimagelist uses last 24 hours as default.
Add -d 01/01/2000.
Or a start date early enough to ensure that you catch all available images.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try bpimmedia - this will list images residing in the pool regardless of what the server name is.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123538836-127136857

Please also check what SLP replication status, you may have a backlog that prevent expiration of backup images.

Thanks for the replies.

bpimagelist with the date range set back to January 1, 2000 still didn't return anything. Same result from searching the catalog in the GUI.

# bpimagelist -d 01/01/2000 -server [myFULLmediaserver]

However the bpimmedia did show a bunch of images on it. They look to be quite old too. I'm going to try expiring them and then see if I can clear some space on it.

Thanks!

Marianne

What is the media server name shown in bpimmedia output?
FRAG output Field 9 = The media server for the image. 
Is the same name (exact same spelling) that you used in bpimagelist command?
If it is, I will be very surprised that the one command is showing output and the other one nothing.

Thanks Marianne,

Yes, they are the same.  Also after expiring the old images, it only cleared up a couple of TB of disk space. There's still over 30TB of disk space unaccounted for.

Thanks,

Seth

Marianne
Best to log a call with Veritas Support.
They have tools to locate and clean up orphaned images.