cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP Storage server config error - credentials already exist

Dr_Ennui
Level 3

Lab environment with Windows Master and Media, NBU8.

Adding media server as MSDP storage server.  Goofed the first attempt (no directories added after drive letters), went back in wizard and fixed that problem, but ever since have received "Credentials alredy exist(99)" failure.

I've restarted services on master and media, media server as MSDP storage server does NOT appear as a storage server in either the GUI or with nbdevquery -liststs (media server only shows as basicdisk and as an advancedisk that I configured earlier)

Running PDDE_deleteConfig.bat on the media server fails because the EtcPath variable is not being set by the script.

Any guidance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

use tpconfig to delete the credentials from the master server. After that, you can also clean up the storage server from the configuration (if it exists) using nbemmcmd.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

use tpconfig to delete the credentials from the master server. After that, you can also clean up the storage server from the configuration (if it exists) using nbemmcmd.

Found that obscure option.  I'll give it a try

However, I doubt I'll ever concieve of why a Storage Server config option is squirreled away under tpconfig instead of nbdevconfig.  Not like it's the first time NBU dev logic has made me facedesk.

That did the trick.  

I used "tpconfig -dsh -all_hosts" to find the User ID that I had configured for the storage server.  If it ever comes up, it appears that there is only one User ID per storage server, regardless of supported disk types.  Even though I had been attempting to set up MSDP (without success because of incorrect paths), the User ID was still saved.

I then used "tpconfig -delete -storage_server <servername> -stype <StorageType> -sts_user_id <userid>.  While this seemed to remove all references to my Media Server from the tpconfig display commands, it was still visible in the GUI and with nbdevquery

I was then able to configure MSDP on that media server without the error.

And FYI, that needs to be run on the specific media server that you were defining a storage server for.