cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP deduplication database relocation

nasahasha
Level 5

Hi,

To start with we are using Netbackup 7.5.05 on Linux server, We have one server which is master and media.

We have MSDP on this server configured, /Storage is the filesystem we use for MSDP storage, and its size is 64TB which is MAX.

Below is statements from documents:

"For performance optimization, Symantec recommends that you use a separate disk, volume, partition, or spindle for the deduplication database.

You cannot change the paths after NetBackup configures the deduplication storage server. Therefore, carefully decide during the planning phase where and how you want the deduplicated backup data stored."

We have not used seperate disk, volume, partition, or spindle for the deduplication database and we let everything to be on same file system /Storage, Now I feel like its better to have it on sepearte file system as I am seeing backups writing to it are getting slow when queue processing is running,I doubt its now not possible.

Please let me know if there is a way I can move my /Storage/databases(deduplication database) to other file system.

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I have checked with Symantec recently about this, especially based on the appliances not doing this

Their stance now is that they are no longer concerned with this being the case

I know i am not answering yoru question as such but just passing on the latest thinking on this matter as far as Symantec are concerned (at least our Master Partner team advisors)

Hope this helps - if the disk is fast they you should be OK, if not then it would be far easier to move the whole thing to a new disk sub system so that you could maintain the path

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I believe TN 210407 covers this

It is an Internal only TN so if you wish to follow this up I'd recommend you log a call.

Martin

nasahasha
Level 5

Thank you for response.