cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP with NetApp

perez_cmz
Level 6

What are my options for presenting disks/luns to Netbackup (MSDP) from a NetApp E2860 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

Well you just need to follow the "Planning your deployment" performance guidelines in the NBU Deduplication Admin Guide for the Media Server and NetApp Storage. In fact the NetBackup Appliance 5330 under the covers did use NetApp E Series storage but be aware the embedded Media Server was well configured and Veritas did do a bunch of tuning things to it and the storage to ensure it performed remarkably well.

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

Well you just need to follow the "Planning your deployment" performance guidelines in the NBU Deduplication Admin Guide for the Media Server and NetApp Storage. In fact the NetBackup Appliance 5330 under the covers did use NetApp E Series storage but be aware the embedded Media Server was well configured and Veritas did do a bunch of tuning things to it and the storage to ensure it performed remarkably well.

Andrew

I'll take a look at the deduplication admin guide. What sort of configuration do I need to make on the media servers for optimal deduplication rates ?

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Deduplication rate is a function of data not storage device.

To ensure successfull implementation you need to make sure that NetApp performs up to MSDP storage benchmark which is provided in the Dedupliceation Guide