cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP with OST and Data domain

Biff_McGerk
Not applicable

Hi;

Trying to figure out if it is possible to setup netbackup using MSDP media servers to use OST drivers to Data Domain back-end?  Is OST drivers on an MSDP even supported in this configuration ?  

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Why you re saying msdp media server?

You can use a media server and backup to a datadomain device, or you use a media server and backup to a msdp storage pool. You see you can just choose one. How you want to set up different storage pools to a unique media server. Just think about the media server, the one that will do the work of backing up the client for the master server. For the master server you just specify a media server to do the work, and not for that client you will use this or that technology. You can choose in between tape and disk, but I do not see OST or MSDP, on same server. But perhaps i am missing something.

best regards,

Cruisen

cruisen
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It seams that this is not possible look https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/msdp-ost-datadomain

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I will not consider above-mentioned post as proof of anything. The user never came back with exact steps that were followed or with screenshots.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Of course you can, for appliances there is even a special mention in the HCL. You're not running an appliance but an MSDP is the same thing really.