cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL Policy - how to configure an exclude list

HPosenRU
Level 4

I am trying to figure out how to add an exclude list to an MS-SQL-Server Policy. The Backup Selection List is WHOLE_DATABASE with multiple instances and the Database Name directive of $ALL (I know I can manually select which databases to backup but I don't want to be responsible if a new database is added to the environment and it isn't added to the selection list). 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The master server is running 7.7.3 on Solaris 11, the media server is also 7.7.3 running on Solaris 11 and the client is running 7.7.3 on Windows 2012 and the Windows 2016 edition of MSSQL. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The SQL Intelligent Policy feature can only back up Instances or individual databases but does not allow exclusions. For exclusions you have to use batch files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mouse

There are two ways of doing it, check this technote out https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/17221771-126559330-0/v14761897-126559330

Michal_Mikulik1

Note that you will have to use legacy script based policies, not intelligent policies. They dont provide exclusions.

Regards

Michal

Mikhail and Michal,

Thank you for the information. I missed this when looking at the guide. 

So is there anyway to do the same thing using intelligent policies?

Regards,

Herb

Mouse

The SQL Intelligent Policy feature can only back up Instances or individual databases but does not allow exclusions. For exclusions you have to use batch files.