cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL policy

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello, 

NBU Version is 7.6.0.4 on Windows 2008R2, the MSSQL database is on a Windows 2012R2

Question about an MSSQL backup. Is it possible to do a full databasebackup and do transaction-log backups with one policy or do I need to make multiple policies.

Because one can only fill in one script in the filelist of the policy. 

Regards,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Backup Selection (script name) is not linked to a schedule - it is linked to a Policy and applies to all schedules in the policy.

If you want DB backups and Log backups to run at different times, you need to create separate policies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
The script can have transaction log backup at the end of the script after database backup section. Please note that only db's in Full recovery mode can be included in log backups, so, $all won't work.

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Thank you Marianne. 

What if we want to make a backup of only the transaction logs in one schedule and in another schedule a full database backup. 

We do a full database backup once a day and we want to do a separate transactionlog backup once an hour. Until now I can only think of making two separate policies for this. I am looking for a way to do this in one policy. 

Marianne
Level 6

Backup Selection (script name) is not linked to a schedule - it is linked to a Policy and applies to all schedules in the policy.

If you want DB backups and Log backups to run at different times, you need to create separate policies.