cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Alert for exchange servers

sankar_28
Level 4

How can I configure mail alert for exchange server backups status with following details

Exchange server name along with the storage group detail as I need to confirm each storage group backup started as per schedule.

My Master server was Linux and Netbackup version was 7.5

is there any possible was to run script to call the storage group detail from NBU master server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will have to write a customized script to run bplist command for the client to extract Exchange File List info, e.g:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -t 16 -C <client> -s <mm/dd/yyyy> -R 3 /

(-s is start date; you can also add -e for end date. 'Play' with the value after -R to give you enough levels to list Storage Groups)

Save output to file and use mailx to email it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

see the below tech note for how to set up the mail notifications for specific client  backup. and test it once if it is giving all required info that you need.

in addition to the below one.. you can also use the Opscenter to send out the mail notification in customised way with the details what ever your required... 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64984

5. CLIENT SETTINGS

The applicable settings on the Client are the following

· Universal Settings
o Client administrator's e-mail
o Client sends mail
o Server sends mail

The purpose of the Client administrator's e-mail setting is to allow a NetBackup administrator to be set in the Master Host Properties > Universal Settings in addition to each client's administrator so they can be notified on the backup statuses for their clients. This will send emails for all status codes for this client to the client 's administrator.

Client sends mail and Server sends mail indicate whether the client that's being backed up will send the e-mail or the master server will. It's important to ensure that clients and server have same settings.

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

long bk I have enabled this notification for one of our client in 7.x  .

Whenver backup completes for this particular client ,I receive details like.

status :Backup on client xxxxxxxx for user root by server <Master servername> succeeded.

Policy= <policyname>

Schedule=

and File List

it ll nt have stg grp/unit details

Ref Email:http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64984

sankar_28
Level 4

I have seperate set notification for backup status for all clients, however I am looking for the MS exchange storage group detail backup status for narrow troubleshoot for particular stg grp as we have many numbers to verify if backup got failed (actually from netbackup console we will get partial success if any one stg grp failed)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will have to write a customized script to run bplist command for the client to extract Exchange File List info, e.g:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -t 16 -C <client> -s <mm/dd/yyyy> -R 3 /

(-s is start date; you can also add -e for end date. 'Play' with the value after -R to give you enough levels to list Storage Groups)

Save output to file and use mailx to email it.

sankar_28
Level 4

thanks a lot it helps me :)