cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Pack NB_51_3_M.winnt.intel.exe

Mark_M
Level 4
I'am Trying install Maintenance Pack NB_51_3_M.winnt.intel.exe.
The problem is that in the munù where I must choose between 'Install to this computer only' or 'Select from availble computer on the network' or 'Perfomr a clustered install' , I can choose only 'Select from availble computer on the network'.
I have already netbackup 5.0 MP3 and I'am trying o install Maintenance Pack NB_51_3_M.winnt.intel.exe. for resolve my problem of backup sql (limit max of databases id 32).

Someone can help me?

thank's a lot
andrew
4 REPLIES 4

David_Kies
Level 4
Certified
Not sure if those are typos in your original post.
But you are making references to two different major releases 5.0 and 5.1. To my knowledge, you cannot take a 51 MP3 and install it on 5.o install. The MPs pretty much replace all the binaries, and they are release specific. If you need 5.1 MP3 to solve your issue. Then you need to install the major release(5.1) first.

Mark_M
Level 4
Ok,
but If I have net backup 5.0 MP3 which realase I must apply before thai I can install 5.1 MP3?

thank's
andrew

David_Kies
Level 4
Certified
In order to install Maintenance Pack NB_51_3_M.winnt.intel.exe your major release install must be 5.1.
Notice the _51_ in the patch binary name, that is where the major release is noted.

Let me clear, I'm not advocating installing the new release, I'm merely pointing out why you are experiencing the issues you have. As with any major release changes, please follow your change control practices.

Andrew_J_
Level 3
Thank's for your interesting!!!
With your suggest I'have resolved my problem..

Thank's

Andrew