Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Duplication to remote master?

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Guys,

Enviornment: 7.5.0.1 Master Linux, 6xMedia Servers (Linux)

Backups done on primary site (source domain) to MSDP pool and now the requirement is to use AIR (Automated image replication)

I have configured the secondary site (target domain), configured the SLP's but it is only replicating the images from that point. What about the previous images that were done to that MSDP pool - how can i replicate them to target domain?

i have been using nbstlutil command but there is no such option to tell replicate all images to target domain - i know you can cancel the pending images and issue the same command to reactivate it but you can't manually initiate replication of a image..  i wonder if anyone can help?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

AIR is only valid for images from the moment that AIR is set up - anything backed up prior to it being setup cannot be replicated using AIR

Your only option is to duplicate them manually i am afraid

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Mark..

you can only duplicate them to a local storage/tape drive.. how can i duplicate them from one master to another without having to duplicate them to tapes, ship them to remote sites and import those tapes into the remote master catalogue?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I cannot think of a way to make them "AIR" if they have already been backed up.

I dont think you could even manually duplicate them to a new SLP and then expect that to AIR (but never tested that one - doubt that a duplicate command would accept a SLP as the destination STU and even then doubt that it would detect these images as being suitable for AIR)

I think your tape shipping / importing is the only way now