cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual backup from netbackup gui

Ravi_Kumar_L
Level 4

Hi,

I have few queries in use of netbackup application.

1.      Normally for all regular / planned backups, we will create policy and will schedule as required. Also we can initiate manual backup by right click on the policy if needed.

Here, My query is, if we want to take one time manual backup from the network systems / client. How to do since this is not a regular backup to create a policy. How to take a backup only when ever and which ever the data need to be  backed up from client which are not regular.

My understanding is normally the clients directory structure should be displayed in backup tab in "backup restore archive" window but it is showing only master server directory structure. I also tried by changing the netbackup server name to the system which need to be backuped. this can be find on top of 'backup file' tab. Master is in unix and java gui.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Backing up from the client, wouldn't a User backup schedule be required in the backup policy that includes this client and a window defined for allowing client backups to take place.?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Create a schedule of type Full backup with the required retention level but with no backup window. This schedule can the be used to kick off a manual backup as and when required.

To see backups for clients, click on the little hand top right of restore screen.

Leave the NetBackup server name as the Master.

Change Source client to the client name for which you want to browse files/folders that have been backed up. Ensure that Client name matches the client name used in backup policy.

Change Destination client to the client name that you want to restore to.

Change Policy Type to the type specified in the backup policy.

Hope this helps!

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You have to open Backup,Archive and Restore interface on the client not on the master server.

Regards...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Backing up from the client, wouldn't a User backup schedule be required in the backup policy that includes this client and a window defined for allowing client backups to take place.?

Marianne,

How does this affect Change Block Tracking (CBT)/Accelerator? By doing this wouldn't we be doing 2 full backups of the client? One with the newly created policy and another when/if the client runs in its old policy?

Thank you,

Charles Smith

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
@Charles4
I have no idea how your question is related to a 6-year-old post when CBT and accelerator did not exist.

Please start a new discussion with query related to current features.