cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual duplicate from disk to tape

ixat
Level 4

Hi all, we have been backing up to disk (NBU 7.0) now we are running a little low on disk space and would like to duplicate some of the longer retention images to tape than manually expiring those images to free up space.

Been running through searches but did not find a specific way related to our situation. Kindly advise if there is any whitepaper or howtos on this please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Below screenshot may help you .

First click on the catalog and in rightside you can see Action tab where you will get 3 options , in that select the Duplication and then search . After that you will get the images , you can select which ever image you want , right click on the image and duplicate .

Even after if you face issue , please verify the date and image copy number.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Even
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can search for backup images using ex. NBU WinAdmin GUI, select Catalog on lefthand side and search...   Select amongs the found images, right click and select duplicate...

When duplicated, you can expire same images. (Carefully, and test a few first)

Or you can change your DSU (disk storageunit) to a DSSU (disk staging storage unit) by, Select your disk under Storage Unist in same GUI, right click, select change and tick off for "Staging..." bottom left corner.

Even.

ixat
Level 4

Hi Even, thanks for your advise. I did try your method prior however the Duplicate option is grey-ed out in the menu. Thus I was wondering if there is some steps I might be missing.

All servers are backed via policies and on full backup option.

Thanks again!

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
In Catalog , check Action select box. To do duplicate, select Duplicate" here.

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

bpduplicate -backupid CLIENT_1250003668 -dstunit STG_UNIT -rl 12 -dp VOL_POOL -fail_on_error 1 >>/tmp/out

you can pick out your image list using bpcatlist command.

Giroevolver
Level 6

Sounds like your maximum number of backup copies is not set to more than the amount of copies you have. You can check this by opening your host properties on your Master server and selecting Global Attributes. There you will see Maximum backup copies. Try changing the number up by one and try a duplication from the catalog again.

Either that or you have not changed the Action tab at the top of the catalog tab to duplicate rather than verify.

I hope this helps!

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Below screenshot may help you .

First click on the catalog and in rightside you can see Action tab where you will get 3 options , in that select the Duplication and then search . After that you will get the images , you can select which ever image you want , right click on the image and duplicate .

Even after if you face issue , please verify the date and image copy number.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hope it will help you

How to copy backup images from one media to different

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/how-copy-backup-images-one-media-different

One more help full link i think i may help you in future...

How to change the Secondary backup to primary

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/how-change-secondary-backup-image-primary

ixat
Level 4

Believe I totally overlooked the part on setting Action tab.

Thank you all very much for the responses! Much appreciated.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Mark as solution if you got the solution dude.