cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master/client communication issues

mfalge
Level 3

Newbie question. I can’t seem to get a new 8.1.2 test master and client to communicate with each other. I’ve installed the 8.1.2 client on this Windows 2008R2 server and during the installation it communicated with the master and displayed the correct cert fingerprint. I can see the 8.1.2 master/media servers in the registry key but not in the client View Status. I’ve added the Windows client to the master's bp.conf as someone recommended but the client is not displayed in the master’s clients list.

I’ve run and attached the output for - sudo /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bptestbpcd -client netbackup-client.company.com -verbose but I am not seeing anything that stands out.

I’m not sure what else I am missing. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@mfalge wrote:

I’ve added the Windows client to the master's bp.conf as someone recommended but the client is not displayed in the master’s clients list.

Curious to know who this someone is... 

A client's name NEVER goes in a server's bp.conf, unless you want to force a redirected restore of the client's data to the master (although there are other ways to do this if needed). 

Clients will appear in Host Properties when the client name is added to a backup policy. 

Please double-check that you have a Server entry for netbackup-test-master.company.com in the client's registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config)