cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master server doesn't expire some tapes

Carmelo_81
Level 3

Hello,

I have a master server with Netbackup 7.5.0.6 version.

Some of tapes from my ACS(2) robot didn't expire daily.

Image Cleanup jobs run daily successfully with status 0 but tapes stay only with media status FULL and "data expiration" over the d-day.

Someone have some idea to solve this kind of issue?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Expiration is "12/31/2014 07:09" - this is today a few hours ago according to my time zone.  Whenever the next cleaning cycle run it should expire the media. Default is every 12 hour.

Found this related Connect thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/all-images-tape-expired-it-doesnt-move-scratch

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Have you tried running:

bpexpdate -deassignempty -force

?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Are the tape frozen ?

Tape either frozen or suspended will not get "cleaned". Unfreeze or unsuspend and they will get cleaned within 12 hours.

Carmelo_81
Level 3

Hello all,

No empty media (see bellow):

bpexpdate -deassignempty -force
No media matching criteria were found to be deassigned.
no entity was found

tapes are not frozen, they are FULL EXPIRED.

id     rl  images   allocated        last updated      density  kbytes restores
           vimages   expiration       last read         <------- STATUS ------->
           On Hold
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X00009   3     53   11/18/2014 22:30  11/19/2014 07:09  hcart3   795430055     0
              MPX   12/31/2014 07:09        N/A         EXPIRED FULL

When I look in the catalog the content of this media (X00009), i have a message INF - Skipping backup if ......, copy1 is expired.

So the media is expired and all images is expired.

I don't understand why the master didn't deasssign automatically the media and then doesn't put it the SCRATCH pool.

Thanks.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Expiration is "12/31/2014 07:09" - this is today a few hours ago according to my time zone.  Whenever the next cleaning cycle run it should expire the media. Default is every 12 hour.

Found this related Connect thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/all-images-tape-expired-it-doesnt-move-scratch