09-09-2022 12:13 AM - edited 09-09-2022 12:19 AM
A NetBackup master server is a Virtual machine (VMware hypervisor) Running OS Red hat Linux Maipo 7.3. Current version 8.1.2 we are going to upgrade to 9.1.
The appliance is configured as a Media server. After upgrading Master, we will plan to upgrade the appliance, while DR Appliance was configured as a master media server and is successfully upgraded.
kindly share your response to the following queries:
1. Do we need OS to upgrade if yes then which would be recommended version?
2. Any reediness/ check tool is required for a Master server upgrade?
3. Recommended directory path for copying the package 9.1 Master server.
4. Recommended installation path for running package.
5. Prerequisite steps for Master server upgrade.
6. Steps for upgrading master server in our scenario.
7. Known issue we can face while having upgrade.
09-09-2022 12:40 AM
most of your questions are widely covered in publicly available documentation. Just start here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/27801100-147534100-0/index.
09-09-2022 01:14 AM
Also check out https://sort.veritas.com/checklist/install as that helps you out with a upgrade checklist. Look at compatibility of your infrastructure using this link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100040093