cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Access Port

afskymonkey
Level 2

I am wondering if there is a way to determine the media access port state/status (open or closed) from the command line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sclind
   VIP   

I don't think there is a specific command but I know when I run a vmchange -robot_info on our Storagetek L700 I get return code = 251 when the MAP is open.  So I test for this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

To check media access port state, Im not sure if there is a commando to check it...Look

About injecting and ejecting volumes

Media access port (MAP) functionality differs between robotic libraries. For many libraries, NetBackup opens and closes the MAP as needed. However, some libraries have the front-panel inject and the eject functions that conflict with NetBackup’s use of the media access port. And for other libraries, NetBackup requires front-panel interaction by an operator to use the media access port.

Read the operator manual for the library to understand the media access port functionality. Some libraries may not be fully compatible with the inject and eject features of NetBackup unless properly handled. Other libraries may not be
compatible at all.

If you wanna move tapes from slot to drive or vice-versa you can use robtest command.

How to move media from MAP/CAP to Tape Library Slot. - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000012332

Hope can help you.

Regards,

Thiago Ribeiro

sclind
   VIP   

I don't think there is a specific command but I know when I run a vmchange -robot_info on our Storagetek L700 I get return code = 251 when the MAP is open.  So I test for this.