Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media List empty

NolanE
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

On one of my windows 2003 Netbackup 6.5 master server the media has diapered from the list and need to get it back. It only seems to be gone from the GUI as I can run reports from the command line and see all the tapes that way.

All the media is gone even in my robot if I do an inventory to show media in the robot it shows all the tapes but as you close the windows it doesn’t show anymore

Thanks
Nolan

9 REPLIES 9

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Is it gone if you click on Media? What about if you click on Media > Volume Pools > "any of your pools"?

Someone might have put a filter on the Media page thats blocking your view.

R

NolanE
Level 4

Yes it is gone everywhere from the media down to all the pools not even showing in the library.

All the backups are still working correctly and there is no filter applied.

Marianne
Level 6

Has any changes been made to vm.conf on the master?

(<install-path>\veritas\volmgr\vm.conf)

NolanE
Level 4

No Nothing everything was still working on Friday and from Yesterday the media was empty

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

The java console was not showing me media.

Opened my Windows Remote Admin Console, and it showed the tapes just fine.

Today when I opened my JAVA it was OK again.

Will_Restore
Level 6

last week we had a glitch where lots of jobs showed "queued" when they are normally complete.  started a new java session and all was well again. 

NolanE
Level 4

I don't use the Java console only the windows GUI and it is still empty

Marianne
Level 6

You have not mentioned any 6.5 patch level? If you have an unpatched NBU 6.5 installation, I suggest that you install NBU 6.5.6. Remember to patch remote Admin Console as well.

NolanE
Level 4

I got all my media back, i had to reboot the backup server and after the reboot it was showing again.