cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Server Deduplication Pool inconsistency

kenrblan
Level 3

Netbackup 7.0.1 - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise on media servers, Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2

I have one MSDP that is reporting 4.421TB of used capacity (3.80TB space used within containers) out of a raw size of 7.2752TB. By correlating Disk Image Report and Client Backup Report data, I have determined that the total protected size (ie. inflated size withouth dedupe) of images is 1.130TB. Accounting for the builtin 10% overhead, my MSDP should report only 1.839TB of used capacity assuming none of the data deduped. I have performed the garbage cleanup process (crcollect & crcontrol commands), but it is no longer identifying any garbage records.My other MSDP which is identically sized has usage statistics that are consistent with successful deduplication. Its stats include total protected size 476GB and 1019.8GB used capacity (277.7GB space used within containers), which indicate the data protected is getting about 41% savings in space through dedupe.

Does anyone have an ideas about what is going on here?

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have something sort of similar. Using PDDO and the PD pool is showing around 2TB used (of 20TB) but I've only sent a few small test backups to it. It says its 10% used.

No clue as to the cause yet, just putting it out there.....