cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media host override doesn't work

bordio27
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to do a BMR restore with a media server different by the one used when client was backupped

I did the change in the media host override section of the master server, and of course, FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER key was rightly populated with the entry said before.

After the change, I did a rereadconfig and I tried to run the BMR restore, but original backup server was used; so I tried a restart of the services on the master server and tried again to run the BMR restore, but once again original backup server was used.

What do you think? Maybe I miss something?

NetBackup version 8.1.1

Windows OS 2012

Thank you,

db

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I tried to do that for the first time during this BMR restore, so I don't know if outside BMR would work, I have to do a try.

Backups are not on tape.

I'm wondering if USE_BACK_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE option override the  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER one

Maybe I need to deactivate the last one also?

db

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@bordio27 wrote:

I'm wondering if USE_BACK_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE option override the  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER one

I believe it does...

There used to be a TN where this behaviour is explained.
No idea why Symantec/Veritas removed the TN.

RamNagalla posted the contents of that TN over here: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/How-to-use-Media-Host-Override/m-p/599562#M150195

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1
Is it working outside BMR, e.g.during normal file restore?
M.

Mouse

you may need to change the media/image owner server using bpimage -newserver if it's tape

what is the type of your storage unit?

I tried to do that for the first time during this BMR restore, so I don't know if outside BMR would work, I have to do a try.

Backups are not on tape.

Maybe I need to deactivate the last one also?

db

Marianne

@bordio27 wrote:

I believe it does...

There used to be a TN where this behaviour is explained.
No idea why Symantec/Veritas removed the TN.

RamNagalla posted the contents of that TN over here: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/How-to-use-Media-Host-Override/m-p/599562#M150195

Thank you Marianne

The next time that I'll need to do a BMR with a different media server, first I will try to deactivate USE_BACKUP_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE

db