cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media id missing

knorre
Level 2

Hello, I need some help! Recently connect the old robot (Qualstar), the robot has been reconfigured and successfully inventoried. It happens that emerged "tapes" in the NetBackup pool with media not yet used ids (following the current sequence, however such tapes do not exist), but these tapes do not exist physically.

Now when I try to add new tapes in Oracle robot, to make the inventory, I get a mesagem saying that the media id is not unique. Casually new ARCODE generate the same media ids mentioned above.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Where did these media ids ghosts?
Sorry for my bad English!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it looks like the old library has added tapes with BARCODE that is being used by new librarys...

in invenotry it will display the list of Media IDs having the mismatch.. you need to to though those medias and make sure they do not have any valid images and delete from netbackup and then run the inventory again..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it looks like the old library has added tapes with BARCODE that is being used by new librarys...

in invenotry it will display the list of Media IDs having the mismatch.. you need to to though those medias and make sure they do not have any valid images and delete from netbackup and then run the inventory again..

knorre
Level 2

Thanks RamNagalla, I used the vmdelete command. After it functioned normally!!