cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media upgrade to 8.0--space issues

DoubleP
Level 5

We recently upgraded our NB Master Servers (Unix/Linux) to 8.0 without a hitch. We're starting our Media Server upgrades soon. The Media server I am testing with is also Unix / Linux. I was attempting to get some prework out of the way when I ran into an issue. I was copying NetBackup_8.0_LinuxR_x86_64.tar from our repository to the /tmp directory on the media server. I had to cancel, because at 17% of the upload, /tmp was already at 46%.

Do I have to upload NetBackup_8.0_LinuxR_x86_64.tar or is NetBackup_8.0_LinuxR_x86_64 sufficient? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your responses.

I found some old documentation which pointed me to a directory that had more than enough room, that had been used by the previous Offline team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
If you extract the files on windows and then try moving the extracted folder most of the times permissions would be messed up and you may end up with multiple errors while attempting the install/upgrade.. If there is some other alternate path which has enough disk space try moving the file there and then use gtar to extract it.. once the file is extracted correctly you can remove the tar.gz file and then initiate the install..
If there is absolutely no space then mayb you could try to mount the windows network path and then attempt to extract and install it.. But if there is any failure or error reporting while accessing the network path at the time of installation you may encounter unforseen errors..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can extract the server software on any Unix/Linux server and NFS share it.

Mount the share on any media server that needs to be upgraded.

Thanks for your responses.

I found some old documentation which pointed me to a directory that had more than enough room, that had been used by the previous Offline team.