cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from Veeam to NBU

devavamar
Level 2

Hi there,

Could one of you please let me know how does one change from one backup system (like Veeam or vamar) to centralized netbackup? I read somewhere that it is not possible and the only possibility is to start from scratch and keep keep the Veeam running untill everything is configured to Netbackup. Applogies if my query sounds too dumb but I am quite new to Netbackup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What you have heard is correct. Unless you can find expensive migration consulting services (which will include restore from existing backup and then backup with NBU), your only option is to keep old backup product, the server and backup devices/media until expiration is reached.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What you have heard is correct. Unless you can find expensive migration consulting services (which will include restore from existing backup and then backup with NBU), your only option is to keep old backup product, the server and backup devices/media until expiration is reached.

devavamar
Level 2

Hey Marriane!

I was hoping you would respond! I have been following your posts for sometime and I am greatly thankful to you for enhancing my knowledge on Netbackup.