cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from ibm tsm to netbackup

howingshan
Level 3
How can I migrate tsm schedule job to netbackup? Any convert tools or technote?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is nothing in NBU that can migrate or read or import anything from TSM.

Without services from a 3rd-party migration company, your choices are:

1. Keep one TSM server with backup devices (disk/tape) to cater for restore requests until all retention levels have expired.
  2. Restore all data on TSM storage to spare server/client, then backup with NBU. 
    You will need to plan this carefully and document properly as newly backed up data will not match the original client name.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello,

i dont think there is a tool that can help to migrate the data from TSM to netabckup.. ( i could be wrong)

depends on the data retenctions..

you can keep your TSM server for recovery purpose and start configuring the new backups in netbcakup..

Tanmoy1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There was tool called butterfly engine,which was used for this kind of automated migrations. But IBM accrued this product and currently supported for any other tool to TSM migration only and that's even free of cost. But no tool available for tsm to NBU migration atm.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is nothing in NBU that can migrate or read or import anything from TSM.

Without services from a 3rd-party migration company, your choices are:

1. Keep one TSM server with backup devices (disk/tape) to cater for restore requests until all retention levels have expired.
  2. Restore all data on TSM storage to spare server/client, then backup with NBU. 
    You will need to plan this carefully and document properly as newly backed up data will not match the original client name.

howingshan
Level 3

Thank you for your reply, May I know NBU can execute unix script thought NBU scheduler? Like TSM? We have unix script in Unix server which is execute the script weekly thought TSM for purge the data before archive.