cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate master server from Linux to Windows

dmw11771
Level 1
I have seen the documentation for moving master server with like OS to new hardware but not standing up a new master server on a different OS. I am looking to stand up a new Windows 2016 master server and decommission the current Linux master server but would need to move the catalog?
4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You'll need Veritas consulting / catatog manipulation service for this. Please speak to Veritas / Veritas Partner.

Marianne

DOCUMENTATION: How to migrate the NetBackup catalog information from one platform to another (UNIX to Windows or vice versa), rename a Master Server, cluster an existing Master Server, or merge multiple NetBackup domains.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

Genericus
   VIP   

Because WINDOWS is not case sensitive, I do NOT recommend a windows master unless you have all windows.

In a mixed environment, the unix/linux systems see SYSTEM and system as two different devices.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Mike_Gavrilov

Unfortunately, this type of migration requires Catalog manipulation service (trust me I have accreditation to do so :) ). Migration  process requires few extra steps that you can't perform by yourself. If you're ok with loosing some information from the EMM when you can frankenstein new master server but if you've started topic like this it means that you're not ready for it.