cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Windows Server 2008 R2 Netbackup 7.1.1 Catalog to another 2008 R2 Netbackup 7.1.1

Fordpony651
Level 2

Hello

I need to migrate a Networker 7.1.1 Windows Server 2008R2 catalog to another Windows Server 2008 R2 Server with a differnt name.  I have found plenty of instructions for Unix and Linux but not much for Windows.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Krutons
   VIP   

I'd suggest logging a support call so they can guide you through the process. Otherwise, do not attempt this.

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi FordPony651,

If this is Networker 7.1.1 (as in Dell EMC Networker), then you'd be better asking this in a Dell forum (or raising a support case with Dell).

This forum is for Veritas NetBackup.  Although there may be some in here who have experience with Networker, Dell is your best bet.

Steve

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Fordpony651 

Your post is very confusing. 

Your subject says NetBackup, but then you say Networker in the post. 

Which product are you using? 

If NetBackup - this is not a DIY job.
Only trained Veritas consultants can do that. 

You will need a supported version of NBU on the new server (8.x) and preferrably a newer Windows version, as support for W2008 is nearing EOL. 

This is the Veritas article about migrating to new hostname or changing hostname:

DOCUMENTATION: How to migrate the NetBackup catalog information from one platform to another (UNIX to Windows or vice versa), rename a Master Server, cluster an existing Master Server, or merge multiple NetBackup domains.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000026956

Fordpony651
Level 2

Hello Again

First of all I want to appoligise for all the confusion I caused with my post.  I should have read it over just one more time, I am kind of new to this enviorment and where I came from we were a Networker shop and old habbits die hard.

To clairify, I have a legacy NETBACKUP 7.7.1 Server that I need to migrate the catalog to another NETBACKUP 7.7.1 server, as we are consolidating.  While doing my reasearch I was able to find some great documentation for migrating Unix/Linux servers, but all I could find for Windows servers was to do a restore of the catalog to the new server, but they had to have the same name.  This is not the case for me the servers have different names and IP addresses.  I would appreciate any help or advice on how to achieve this would be appreciated. 

Thank you all again for all your help and once more my appoligies for any confusion my post may have caused.

Have a Great Day!

Fred

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Fordpony651 

Please see my previous post.