cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor replication between NBU with 2 EMC DataDomains?

VirtuallyWarped
Level 2

Does anyone know how to view the actual replication status of the EMC DataDomain systems when you use the OST plugin with Netbackup 7.1 to write to the EMC systems?  NBU is configured to write to both the local and target DD boxes and I do have "duplication" jobs fail, but there's no way I can find to see how far out of synch the EMC DD systems are and EMC doesn't have any solution when using the OST plugins.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

SLP configuraion steps using Data Domain plugin is detailed in DD's guide if I remember right.

Here is an overview:

1. install DD plugin

2. add all DDs involved as storage server

3. configure disk pools and storage units for each DDs

4. create and configure SLP. Add storage unit of source DD into SLP for backup operation, and destination DD for duplication operation.

5. Configure backup policies with SLP created in step 4. If you want existing policies to use SLP, just replace destinaltion(storage unit) with SLP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

I assume you have configured duplication with Storage Lifecycle Policy(SLP).
You can list backup images that does not complete SLP operations by "bpimagelist -stl_incomplete". You can also list backup imaes that have completed SLP by "bpimagelist -stl_complete".

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree with Yasuhisa. Even thru a Data Domain can replicate data internally, you need SLP to duplicate the data so Netbackup catalog know the secondary copy exist.

VirtuallyWarped
Level 2

Hello,

Thank you both.  I looked at this with EMC and they suggested configuring an SLP that does just the duplication which will run after the backup job does.  

How can I set that up?  Right now the policies are setup to run a full backup on a given day and the SLP is the duplication policy where both datadomain boxes are part of the SLP.  EMC suggests that if the full backup is done 1st then the duplication is done that we will see better results with jobs being queued up as they are now and failing.

Thx!

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

SLP configuraion steps using Data Domain plugin is detailed in DD's guide if I remember right.

Here is an overview:

1. install DD plugin

2. add all DDs involved as storage server

3. configure disk pools and storage units for each DDs

4. create and configure SLP. Add storage unit of source DD into SLP for backup operation, and destination DD for duplication operation.

5. Configure backup policies with SLP created in step 4. If you want existing policies to use SLP, just replace destinaltion(storage unit) with SLP.