cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More must be configured in Host properties?

Marduk
Level 4

Anyone has knowledge. If after installing the client agent for Windows servers. that more must be configured in Host properties option, customers tab? I want to create a job to support the server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have move your new question to a new discussion since it is not related to your other post.

You don't need to configure anything in Host Properties.

Add a Policy for your Windows client. 
You will see that your client will now be listed in Host Properties -> Clients

Ensure port connectivity (1556 and 13724) between server and client as well as forward and reverse hostname lookup (DNS or hosts files on server and client).

The defaults in Host Properties are in most cases sufficient to ensure successful backups.
Only configure Host Properties when specific issues are experienced and you find evidence (TechNote / Symantec Support / forum post, etc) that problem will be solved by changing anything in Host Properties, only then will you need to change anything.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne

I have move your new question to a new discussion since it is not related to your other post.

You don't need to configure anything in Host Properties.

Add a Policy for your Windows client. 
You will see that your client will now be listed in Host Properties -> Clients

Ensure port connectivity (1556 and 13724) between server and client as well as forward and reverse hostname lookup (DNS or hosts files on server and client).

The defaults in Host Properties are in most cases sufficient to ensure successful backups.
Only configure Host Properties when specific issues are experienced and you find evidence (TechNote / Symantec Support / forum post, etc) that problem will be solved by changing anything in Host Properties, only then will you need to change anything.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

I guess you are new to NetBackup; apologies if am wrong :) you should have a glance on this installation guide which has clear info.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH127084

Marduk
Level 4

marianne, and there are tutorials and videos. how to backup Exchange 2010 DAG?

Marianne

HOWTO Videos: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41825

I believe your original question about Host Properties was answered?

If so, please close this thread by selecting the answer that has helped you most and Mark As Solution.