cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move catalog images from drive c: to d:

Kayser
Level 3

Hi, people...

I have the Netbackup (7.7.2) catalog in the drive C: (system drive of Windows 2012). It is increasing fast, and I can´t expire images or reduce the retention. I have already read the article with the instructions to make this, but I have a question.

We have almost 300 clients. Do I have to move all the clients in one time, or I can move part of them and leave part at the drive c? 

By reasons of internal control, now I can´t expire the images, but I will do this in the future...

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Not sure which article you read (always nice if you include the URL).
If you are going to use the ALTPATH method, you can by all means move client folder contents one by one.

View solution in original post

Tousif
Level 6

Hi,

I recommend to use ALTPATH method  against clients folder consuming more space on C:\ drive.
Other method e.g Image folder path changes in registry may increase complexity of NBU environment.

Please refer article for more information.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000007808

Thansk & Regards,

Tousif Naik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Not sure which article you read (always nice if you include the URL).
If you are going to use the ALTPATH method, you can by all means move client folder contents one by one.

Tousif
Level 6

Hi,

I recommend to use ALTPATH method  against clients folder consuming more space on C:\ drive.
Other method e.g Image folder path changes in registry may increase complexity of NBU environment.

Please refer article for more information.
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000007808

Thansk & Regards,

Tousif Naik

Kayser
Level 3

Hi, Marianne and Tousif...

The article I have read was this recommended by Tousif, 000007808.

I´ll then move the folders, one by one.

Very thanks by your help!