cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the tape from slot to slot

flekzout
Level 3
Hi friends,

I have a problem in my Sun StorageTek C4 Tape Library which I found out my tape is in slot 37, or not in my left or right magazines. I'm using netbackup 6.5 and solaris OS. and I only have 1 drive.

I pull out my left magazines and there is no tape A123L1, I pull out the right magazines, also same thing.. I saw the tape in slot 37. I guess slot 37 is in the drive?

Anyone can help me on how to move my tape A123L1 back to my left magazine which is slot 12 or 13 that has empty space. since I am new with netbackup.

Thanks a lot.

this is the pic on how Sun StorageTek c4 Tape library looks like
[code] http://www.sun.com/storagetek/tape_storage/tape_libraries/c4/index.xml [/code]

5 REPLIES 5

Scott_Lundberg
Level 4
On our Tandberg, we would have to do this through the web interface for the Tape library...  There isn't a way in Netbackup to move from the drive to a slot number that I have found. 
Other people's environments might be different...

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
You can use 'robtest' for this.

s s (Scan Slots)
s d (Scan Drives)

m d2 s12 (move a volume from drive 2 to slot 12)...

--
Darren

flekzout
Level 3
Hi Thank for your reply..

I do notice about the robtest, but my concern is.. how many tapes in the drive.. I scared when I do a m d1 s12 then all of the tape in the drive move out.. I have no idea about how many tape in the drive.. can I do like move the tape from slot 37 to slot 12 instead?

I have no idea where is that slot 37.. I guess it's in the drive or behind the magazines..

scorpy_582
Level 6
To check the status of the drives and slots, on the robtest, type the following:

s d     -> this will give you information about media in drive

s s     -> this will give you info about media in slots.

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
Using robtest will make the robot unavailable for netbackup until you close robtest. Always close the tool via the menu options (q,..).