cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving data from old Data domain to new DD using Netbackup

vicky2017
Level 3

Hi,

I need to move some servers data  from Old Data domain to New Data domain using Netbackup and use new data domain as target storage for the server .Our Old Data Domain is configured as both VTL and DD boost Disk library. I need to keep the retention of old images backedup as same in old DD.Do i need use replcation in Storage life cycle policy or Duplication from old storage policy to new or just select all media and duplicate the images.I cant use Data Domain replication as i am going to use new data domain for backup after the movement.Please suggest.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
SLPs are for new backups going forward.

You will need to manually duplicate. Either from the GUI or cmd/script using bpduplicate. The default is to keep same retention.

we are migrating File server which are of 7yrs retention.Its difficult to migrate all backup images manually.any idea to do it fast and easy?? Also Once i move the data to new Data Domain ,whether it will be a Deduplicated data as in Old Data Domain or Rehydrated data ??Can i just create storage policy ,Disk pool and volume pool for New DD and dulpicate the images manually and change the storage policy for clients??

Genericus
   VIP   

I have done this on my unix system, if you are on windows, it is much more difficult.

Essentually you need to run these commands:

list images

for each image, issue a duplcaition command from old to new storage - keeping or resetting retention/volume pool.

VERIFY image arrives

expire old image

BUT 

If you are using specific policies you can use just the duplicate command, changing the time frames

bpduplicate -p -cn 1 -policy YOURPOLICY -client CLIENTNAME -hoursago 16 -dstunit DESTINATION -dp POOL -rl RETENTION -set_primary 1 -owner OWNER

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS