cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving dedup backups between 2 dif. Masters

rn_ssab
Level 2

OS is 2008 r2, NBU ver 7604.  I have a Master/Media server with dedup images on it and I want to move those to a new existing master with a different server name and dedup pool.  Is there any easy way to do this short of off loading them to tape and then importing?  If not in 7604 would there be a solution in 7611?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

True - you can't do that as a end user. Especially when moving to new servers name. That require catalog manipulation - training only available to some Symantec Partner and Symantec itself.

I suggest you find either a partner or Symantec consultant and get a quote for getting that job done.

The easiest way is proberly just to wait for backup images to expire on the old server.

Br Nicolai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, it is called AIR - Auto Image Replication

You can read up about the feature and how to configure it in NBU Admin Guide I.

TN:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO88954

rn_ssab
Level 2

Isn't AIR used with SLP's and future backup jobs..  I'm wanting to move backup images that already exist in a MSDP manually.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

True - you can't do that as a end user. Especially when moving to new servers name. That require catalog manipulation - training only available to some Symantec Partner and Symantec itself.

I suggest you find either a partner or Symantec consultant and get a quote for getting that job done.

The easiest way is proberly just to wait for backup images to expire on the old server.

Br Nicolai