cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MsiInstaller error: internal error 2755.1601

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I got an error message which said internal error 2755.1601, C:\xxx\xxx\Symantec Netbackup.msi duing installation of NBU 7 agent on a Windows 2003 server.

I found the article below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126050

But the workaround there cannot solve the problem. There is no license.htm file under temp directory. I tried a few differnt account but got the same error.

Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Did you try creatig a blank/empty file called LICENSE.htm??

Did you try the second workaround?

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I tried to create an empty file named as license.htm in temp directory but it does not work. I saw the same error.

For the second workaround, the silent installation scripts need to be modified. However, I was unable to find a sample. I tried to modify the scripts but never get it work.

Will the second workaround solve the msiinstaller issue? If yes, is there any sample silientclient.cmd scipts that I can refer to?

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

I dont have a system to check on, if you'd like to post the script and the error we could maybe figure it out.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I tried to modify the silentclient scripts but seems it does not work. The scripts are as follows. Do I miss anything?

REM $Id: silentclient.cmd,v 1.13 2006/07/13 20:15:40 $

SET CLIENT=a123.edf.com
SET MASTERSERVER=b123.edf.com

SET INSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\VERITAS\

SET INSTALLDEBUG=0

SET INSTALLVSP=1
SET INSTALLDOCS=1
SET SERVICESTARTTYPE=Automatic
SET STARTTRACKER=0
SET BPCD_PORT=13782
SET BPRD_PORT=13720
SET VNETD_PORT=13724
SET VOPIED_PORT=13783
SET STOP_NBU_PROCESSES=0
SET STOP_WINDOWS_PROCESSES=0

SET ABORT_REBOOT_INSTALL=0
SET INSTALL_LIVEUPDATE=0
SET PACKAGEFILE="VERITAS NetBackup Client.msi"
SET LOGFILE="%TEMP%\NetBackup Install.log"
SET LOG=/l*v %LOGFILE%
SET MSIEXEC="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\msiexec.exe"

%MSIEXEC% %LOG% /i %PACKAGEFILE% /qn INSTALLDIR="%INSTALLDIR%" MASTERSERVERNAME="%MASTERSERVER%" ADDITIONALSERVERS="%ADDITIONALSERVERS%" NETBACKUPCLIENTINSTALL=1 SERVERS="%MASTERSERVER%,%ADDITIONALSERVERS%" CLIENTNAME="%CLIENT%" NBOTMINSTALL="%INSTALLVSP%" NBINSTALLDOCS="%INSTALLDOCS%" NBSTARTTRACKER="%STARTTRACKER%" STARTUP="%SERVICESTARTTYPE%" NBSTARTSERVICES="%SERVICESTART%" BPCD_PORT="%BPCD_PORT%" BPRD_PORT="%BPRD_PORT%" CLIENTSLAVENAME="%CLIENT%" SILENTINSTALL="1" NUMERICINSTALLTYPE="1" INSTALLDEBUG="%INSTALLDEBUG%" STOP_NBU_PROCESSES="%STOP_NBU_PROCESSES%" STOP_WINDOWS_PROCESSES="%STOP_WINDOWS_PROCESSES%" ABORT_REBOOT_INSTALL="%ABORT_REBOOT_INSTALL%" INSTALL_LIVEUPDATE=%INSTALL_LIVEUPDATE% LU_SERVERNAME=%LU_SERVERNAME% REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Looks ok at first glance but what happens when you execute it. What does the log in %TEMP%\NetBackup Install.log show?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

I just went though a bunch on this using the slientclient script.

Please let us know  what the log file says.

and what version of OS and 64 or 86