cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Stream creation automation on unix with EMC via NDMP

brucetonge
Level 0

I need to create lots of streams for the contents of a directory within a nas. I have tried configuring NBU with a wild card but it says the path is invalid I can create manually new streams but at the rate they are created this is a problem.

I have tried:

NEW_STREAM

/ifs/data/jobs/*

I am curently having to create streams manually in the job like this:

New_STREAM

/ifs/data/jobs/0001

NEW_STREAM

/ifs/data/jobs/0002

I have found forum threds showing this to work in windows but I cant get it to work on a unix host also over NDMP.

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Large-Job-Spanning-Multiple-Drives/td-p/654412

Thanks in advance Bruce.

3 REPLIES 3

Tousif
Level 6

Hi,

As I know the multistream work for Windows and Unix system. If you  select allow multistream.  It allocate one stream each path in backup selection. Please also check option Maximum Jobs per Client.

Could you please share more information about your selection and complete error status.

Thanks & Regards

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Remove NEW_STREAM.
Simply put
/ifs/data/jobs/*
With Allow multiple data streams in Policy attributes.

Genericus
   VIP   

Please note - NDMP WILDCARDS are VENDOR specific - you will find they work with NETAPP, but NOT with EMC...

You will get invalid path errors.

Your only hope is to work with application groups to configure high level directories to allow you to build a limited amount of paths, otherwise you are stuck ( like me ) with 68 backup selections, as well as a script that checks the directory path against your NetBackup/db/class/policy/includes file and emails you when the application group adds or changes directory names without telling you...

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS