cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple retention period on media

Lbellefeuille
Level 4

Hi everyone, here is the situation.

I have hundreds of policies that can be grouped to 3 different retention period, 2 months, 6 months and 1 year.  I noticed that on many tapes i have a fragment of 1 year retention mixed with 2 months which is bad because this "freeze" the media for the whole year.  I know that netbackup segregate backup by retention periods (backups that expire at different periods of time are not placed on the same tape) and i have checked that the global option "Allow multiple retentions per media" is not enabled so does anyone have a clue of how can this be ? I have looked inside many policies and cannot determine what can cause this...

One other thing, daily, weekly and monthly schedules are multiplexed for the most part.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As far as my knowledge goes, the setting ccan be done per media server,
So, if you have more than one media server, check Media tab for all of them.

It is also quite possible that 'someone' has enabled this at some point in time and then de-selected the option again at a later stage.

NBU will never do this by itself.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As far as my knowledge goes, the setting ccan be done per media server,
So, if you have more than one media server, check Media tab for all of them.

It is also quite possible that 'someone' has enabled this at some point in time and then de-selected the option again at a later stage.

NBU will never do this by itself.

Hello Marianne, again you were right.  3 of the media servers had this option enabled, i don't know why.... I unselected it and will watch the next Backup job.

Thanks.