Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple schedule config for SAP HANA DB backup from single policy

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

hello experts,

i am working on creating multiple schedules from a single policy for a SAP HANA DB backup.

i have done the necessary changes as per document https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000021640, but still when i fire the backup it takes the old schedule.

If i delete the old schedule, the backup starts failing.

i have checked the global.ini file and the new initsap.utl files are in place.

in the new sap.utl files, the schedules are also in place.

Not sure where i am going wrong.

Restarted NBU client in the server too.

Any ideas where i could be going wrong please?

thanks,

Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi,

i am happy to report that the issue has been resolved. Yes i created the required UTL files and everything.

The difference is we need to recycle the SAP HANA application once to make the changes take their effect, thus i applied a different technique to make it work.

In the Veritas technote it is mentioned that we can copy the required UTL files and replace the contents of the original utl files with the ones we desired.

The copy worked after i took help from UNIX team to define the correct environment variables.

Once the settings were made, the backup ran as per requirement.

thanks,

Anish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you named your schedules, Monthly, Weekly, Daily.? <<<<Exactly as is written?

Have you created the 4 utl files, initMonthly.utl, initWeekly.utl, initDaily.utl, initLOG.utl?

Have you edited each utl file and specified the schedule to use?

Are you 100% sure the script is performing the tasks of copying the correct utl file into place before it runs the job?

anishC5
Level 5
Partner Certified

Hi,

i am happy to report that the issue has been resolved. Yes i created the required UTL files and everything.

The difference is we need to recycle the SAP HANA application once to make the changes take their effect, thus i applied a different technique to make it work.

In the Veritas technote it is mentioned that we can copy the required UTL files and replace the contents of the original utl files with the ones we desired.

The copy worked after i took help from UNIX team to define the correct environment variables.

Once the settings were made, the backup ran as per requirement.

thanks,

Anish