cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Netbackup folder size is 55GB, what logs can be deleted.

swamykotta
Level 3

Hi Team 

In My Master server the Net backup fois having lder size is getting huge, now the size is 55 GB.The logs folder size is 24 GB, It is having around 400 clients. please help me what are the logs i can delete with out rethinking. Also advise me to reduce the size.

Thanks in advance

swamy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Ensure logging is turned down. Host Properties -> Master Server -> Logging for Windows, /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file. Check for VERBOSE entry if it's higher than 0 then change it to VERBOSE = 0

Some logs will not change from high level to low level until NetBackup has been restarted but you can cd /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and just simply delete the process-named directory and it will stop logging entirely.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jim_dalton
Level 6

vxlogcfg for lastest and greatest netb version, plus some traditional.Theres no shortage of resources on it if you search the forum.

Jim

Jietse_Vercamme
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

In addition to disabling logs you can enable Robust Logging and/or the Keep Logs properties which are under the Logging and Clean-up sections under the Master Server Host Properties respectively.

See http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO34332

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Ensure logging is turned down. Host Properties -> Master Server -> Logging for Windows, /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file. Check for VERBOSE entry if it's higher than 0 then change it to VERBOSE = 0

Some logs will not change from high level to low level until NetBackup has been restarted but you can cd /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ and just simply delete the process-named directory and it will stop logging entirely.