Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My backup job to robot tapes ended up with status=96

yotsapat
Level 3
Certified

Hi

My backup jobs that backup to robot has ended with exiting [status=96 unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available]

I think it may be cause by tape's labels because it didn't have a problem before I change my label with the new one

I used the command available_media to check out all tapes but all of it are available status with new label's barcodes.

Could someone help me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you put new labels on old tapes?

If so you will find that they have all been frozen as they retain the original media id on the header.

If you add in the Media Status column into your view on the robot you will see if that is the case.

If so you need to select them all, right click, select label - making sure you do not select the verify check box

This will relable then all with the new media id that matches the barcode label

However - if any of those tapes have valid unexpired data on them then you have a different issue and will need to run commands to change the barcode label against the old media id's

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hello..

does the tapes that are availiable under the robot have the same denisity of the Storage unit that is selected in Policy.

or does it changed at the time of labelling?

they should be in same density

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you put new labels on old tapes?

If so you will find that they have all been frozen as they retain the original media id on the header.

If you add in the Media Status column into your view on the robot you will see if that is the case.

If so you need to select them all, right click, select label - making sure you do not select the verify check box

This will relable then all with the new media id that matches the barcode label

However - if any of those tapes have valid unexpired data on them then you have a different issue and will need to run commands to change the barcode label against the old media id's