cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My restore tape is in Standalone. what to do?

AjayKumarN
Level 4

Hi All,

my Tape library is wih 300 slots and all full with tapes. Then i made tape recall 1 tape and Onsite guy told me he loaded it into map.

Whwn i did inventory update its not showed after update invenory. i told him to remove some tapes( i thought it was due to all slots are full) and load tape again and i am waiting for his update.

Mean i find out that this tape is exist in Stand alone(showing under GUI-Media tab Standalone which is below Robot). What i need to do now to complete restore. i need to complete restore today itself.

1. Why it went to standalone first of all. media id (00L927) also not changed. it was same before standalone and when in standalone too,

2. can i delete tape and run update inventory? Will it resolve issue? I fear i lose data if i delete tape and running update inventory.

Please help me 

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
DO NOT DELETE IT or try to expire it and then manage to delete it..

Nbu keeps a record of all the tapes it has used throughout its lifetime.. When the tape is in the library it is marked under the specific robot in Nbu.. when tape is ejected or sent offsite or moved out of the library Netbackup logically moves it to standalone..

The moment you add the tape back in the library and perform robotic inventory in netbackup, Netbackup will take care of it and move it to the respective bolume group.. **as long as the barcode on the tape or the media id generation rule is not changed..

Once you have some free slots available in the library and the required tape is inserted you can perform robotic inventory to update netbackup and this should put the tape under the robot and allow you to proceed with your restore job

View solution in original post

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure why you started another discussion for the same issue?

Please see my reply in your other post: 

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Tape-is-in-stand-alone-due-to-all-licenced-slots-are-full-i/m-p...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AjayKumarN
Level 4

Update to question. hope this helps to identify problem.

My library has total 708 slots out of 300 are only licenced ones and all are full now.

due to this tape went to stand alone? am i right?

If i delete tape and update inventory.  will resove?

wrote:

Hi All,

my Tape library is wih 300 slots and all full with tapes. Then i made tape recall 1 tape and Onsite guy told me he loaded it into map.

Whwn i did inventory update its not showed after update invenory. i told him to remove some tapes( i thought it was due to all slots are full) and load tape again and i am waiting for his update.

Mean i find out that this tape is exist in Stand alone(showing under GUI-Media tab Standalone which is below Robot). What i need to do now to complete restore. i need to complete restore today itself.

1. Why it went to standalone first of all. media id (00L927) also not changed. it was same before standalone and when in standalone too,

2. can i delete tape and run update inventory? Will it resolve issue? I fear i lose data if i delete tape and running update inventory.

Please help me 

Thank you in advance

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
DO NOT DELETE IT or try to expire it and then manage to delete it..

Nbu keeps a record of all the tapes it has used throughout its lifetime.. When the tape is in the library it is marked under the specific robot in Nbu.. when tape is ejected or sent offsite or moved out of the library Netbackup logically moves it to standalone..

The moment you add the tape back in the library and perform robotic inventory in netbackup, Netbackup will take care of it and move it to the respective bolume group.. **as long as the barcode on the tape or the media id generation rule is not changed..

Once you have some free slots available in the library and the required tape is inserted you can perform robotic inventory to update netbackup and this should put the tape under the robot and allow you to proceed with your restore job

Thank you for quick reply.

But i removerd one tape manually slot 218 and its empty. removed tape waiting in map to remove completly from library.

right now slot 218 is empty.

This 00n927 is in standalone but i can see it is in volume pool SQL_pool. 

its just using robo type is none. Remaing all is ok(density volume pule also correct as per barcode rule).

At this point of time what i need to do.

1 empty slot exist and tape assigned to sql pool which is correct but why still exist in standalone?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure why you started another discussion for the same issue?

Please see my reply in your other post: 

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Tape-is-in-stand-alone-due-to-all-licenced-slots-are-full-i/m-p...