cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL and NB version 8.0

DoubleP
Level 5

We're currently in the process of updating to 8.0. We have already taken care of the master servers and have just started with the media. After that we'll update our Appliances, and finally the clients.

The other day we were asked by the manager of another department if we can do live backups of MySQL. Our Veritas sales reps sent us the link to the MySQL documentation. I just started skimming it, but this stood out:

"Installing prerequisites of NetBackup for MySQL Agent NetBackup 8.1 is installed and operational on the master server, media server, and the client."

Does anyone know of a workaround to install/use the MySQL agent with 8.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As your sales reps said, NBU starts the support of My SQL by agent in 8.1 version...

Whats New NBU 8.1.JPG

But I already saw on others customers do the backup via DUMP...You can ask to DBA My SQL do the DUMP to some directory/filesytem and you can bring to NBU via flat file, using policy type MS-Windows or Standard.

This is not supported backup method, as far I know ,you should do a backup/restore test to validate this.

I did the backup once, but I never had opportunity to do restore.

Hope this helps

Thiago

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As your sales reps said, NBU starts the support of My SQL by agent in 8.1 version...

Whats New NBU 8.1.JPG

But I already saw on others customers do the backup via DUMP...You can ask to DBA My SQL do the DUMP to some directory/filesytem and you can bring to NBU via flat file, using policy type MS-Windows or Standard.

This is not supported backup method, as far I know ,you should do a backup/restore test to validate this.

I did the backup once, but I never had opportunity to do restore.

Hope this helps

Thiago

Thiago, 

Thanks. That's what we've been doing with our internal DBA clients and what we're suggesting the new requestor do, as well.