cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySymantec not allowing me to submit cases

jonnyguitar
Level 4

Hi

I am unable to raise a case on MySymantec.  I've completed all the fields correctly, or so I thought. 

But when I submit it I get ""Either Courtesy or Entitlement required for creating case".  What does that mean?  I have a customer ID and a "Notification" Number.  I've entered them both in several combinations of the fields below:

Please complete at least one of the fields below :
Customer Number
Contact ID
Support ID
Serial Number
Existing Case Number

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You do not have a valid Entitlement (contract), it may have expired or there may be a technical issue with mysupport,  so speak with Customer services or your Account manager to check.

livininlibraryl
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem. I've never used the MySupport to submit a request and even with my contract in front of me that goes until 2014 nothing I enter works. I tried the customer #, support id for the current year and the serial number for the current year and I keep getting the message "Either Courtesy or Entitlement required for creating case". All I want is the SymRmvScan.exe. It shouldn't be this difficult to get it.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Call Technical/Customer services and let them know of this issue so they can feed it up the chain.

There is nothing that can be done on this forum to assist. If you have an account manager at Symantec, let them know of this issue too.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Revaroo

I'm also facing similar issue since new changes were adopted.

For creating new cases, validity of entitlement is agreed, but for managing existing cases too we are prompted for this. More over as OP mentioned there are no fields which can be skipped, (of no use to fill up when cases just need to be managed)

jim_dalton
Level 6

I've raised this elsewhere on the forum and Symantec are aware and have been for days but the folk that "manage" mysupport (GCH?) dont appear to be reacting. Very poor indeed.

Jim

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

I had the same issue but its seems working fine. The upgraded portal is fast and easy to use compared to the one which we had earlier.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Any future issues with the customer portal should be directed to the customer support centers and not to this forum.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Revaroo...folks dont like being gagged any more than they dont like receiving support they pay for.

For one thing its a very useful metric for potential customers to measure the quality of support.

Or indeed for current customers to make a judgement on whether they wish to continue with Netbackup, in this case.

Furthermore the forum is sometimes the only place your customers can get the message across.

If it were my organisation I would be looking to placate my customers by responding to their needs and not trying to quieten them down.

I am happy to state the portal was working OK when I tried yesterday.

Jim

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Perhaps discussion of MySupport issues would have been more appropriate for the General Symantec forum as opposed to the NetBackup forum, however?

jim_dalton
Level 6

Dont have a problem with CRZs point, assuming the portal is the same for all. I only use one NB product so being purely selfish!

Jim

jim_dalton
Level 6

Having looked at the General forum, it appears to be a forum in its most literal sense...one things clear :theres most traffic related to non-General issues ie product specifics. Which should all be in their own forum!

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

As mentioned this is a forum specific to NetBackup software. we can't do anything about the customer portal. If it's broken it needs to be logged with the correct people. Customer services.

jim_dalton
Level 6

My issue was logged with the correct people, having logged a call I pointed it out to the support person and he told me he would raise it with the portal people, repeatedly. Never heard a thing back. I'd be following up that thread if I had a vested interest in Symantec.

Jim