cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 7.5 - Installing HP-UX-IA64 HP-UX 11.31 client type software after updating to 7.5.0.5

vteslar
Level 2

Dear friends.

I have a question - Initially NetBackup Server 7.5.0.3  and some client type software was installed but not HP-UX-IA64 HP-UX 11.31 client type. Directory /usr/openv/netbackup/client/HP-UX-IA64/HP-UX11.31/ is empty. Then it was updated to 7.5.0.5. Now I have to install HP-UX-IA64 HP-UX 11.31 client type, but I can't. NB_CLT_7.5.0.5 package contains updates only and needs base installation of HP-UX-IA64 HP-UX 11.31 client type. Ok, I run ./install from NB 7.5.0.3 distributiv_dir. but get the following:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

# ./install

Do you wish to continue? [y,n] (y) y

NetBackup Deduplication software is installed.

The NetBackup and Media Manager software is built for use on LINUX_SUSE_X86 hardware.

NetBackup is currently at release level 7.5.0.5.
This package will install release level 7.5.
Do you want to reinstall NetBackup and Media Manager? [y,n] (y) n

File /usr/openv/tmp/install_trace.18973 contains a trace of this install.
That file can be deleted after you are sure the install was successful.

#

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How can I resolve this kind of problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You will need a 7.5GA CLIENTS ISO to install a base client.  You will then be able to run install and select 1. HP-UX-IA64 client install only.

After the base client has been installed, you can then apply the 7.5.0.5 Release Update.

If you don't have the ISO handy, you'll need to find your license and head over to FileConnect.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You will need a 7.5GA CLIENTS ISO to install a base client.  You will then be able to run install and select 1. HP-UX-IA64 client install only.

After the base client has been installed, you can then apply the 7.5.0.5 Release Update.

If you don't have the ISO handy, you'll need to find your license and head over to FileConnect.

Good luck!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
After base install of the 7.5 HP-UX client software, rerun installation of 7.5.0.5 client patch with '-p' option to force-install the patch. Or else go for 7.5.0.6 server and client patch. Always best to install all required client packages after master server installation or upgrade and then patch. Please bear this in mind when you upgrade to 7.6 or 7.6.1 (which is not too far away).

vteslar
Level 2

Thank you for your advices. Client type software was successfully installed and updated.