cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 7 upgrade moved 70 tapes to DEFAULT

gnussbaum
Level 3

Hello,

I just upgraded to NB 7 from 6.0 MP4.  Everything went smoothly excpet for one thing.  When I looked in my DEFAULT volume Pool I now have approx. 70 tapes listed there that should not be there.  These are various weekly, monthly and quarterly offsite tapes.  It's as if the upgrade didn't recognize these.  I believe they've lost all their netbackup data such as expiration date.

Any ideas how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It looks something wrong happened while upgrade, but, if these media are not in AVAILABLE state and you can search you backups on Catalog menu, backups might remain alive. Nor, you can get your backups back by import if these have not been overwritten.

Merv
Level 6
Partner

i had the same issue some of my media was assigned to scratch pool.I  immediately eject from library and write-protected it. Then logged a case where we did a emm db repair with support's guidance and a script to update the EMM. This was a emergency case as we had potential dataloss issues. Months of backups could have been wiped out!!

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

Did you go directly from 6.0 to 7.0 ??? It's not recommended. You should to upgrade to 6.5.x (highest) and then to 7.0.

Merv
Level 6
Partner

my upgrade was from 6.5.5 - 7 but the server was previously on 5.1 (which was upgrade to 6.5.5 only a few mths ago.)

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

Did you check consistency of your database (Catalog and EMM) before upgrade to 7 ? There is a new database for EMM in NB 7 (Sybase ASA 11). 6.5 database is exported to text files and then imported to Sybase 11. Maybe something was broken in 6.5... ?

I think you should to log a call on support to resolve this issue.