cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB 8.1.2 Automate client installs

HPosenRU
Level 4

We automate the installation of new clients for both Windows and Unix from build servers in their associated environments but now with the new security features in NetBackup 8.1.2 a token is required during the installation process. Is there an existing process that can be used to obtain the needed token?

There has to be companies with large deployment environments which have the same needs. I can't see them doing this one server at a time. I know that I can generate a token that is good for an extended period of time and uses but what happens when either one of them expire, can the token be regenerated? If there has to be an easier way than to create a new one and update the build scripts to use the new token.

In case it matters my master is running NBU 8.1.2 on Solaris 11. 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Thank you for link. So the only way to do this is to lower the security certificate deployment level?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Yes.

Or get your scripted client install to have a pre-stage/pre-step that involves acquiring a new short-lived single-use token for immediate use by the code executing immediately afterwards - i.e. your existing code which performs the client install but which you will have now modified to use the previously acquired new token.

Basically this is what we did with chef and it appears to work great - we have run into issues with some Linux installs, but the Windows installs work great 

We run the below in a role_global for all installs 

{
"id": "answers",
"comment":"Netbackup Client Information",
"fingerprint": "FINGERPRINT",
"token": "TOKEN",
"servers": [
"master server",