cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB6 Linux Master Installation - Java Console/Java Errors

Michael_Haslam
Level 3
Hello,

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have carried out a NB6 Master Server installation on a linux server, RHEL4, kernel - 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:25:30 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The installation all went well, trace logs not indicating any issues. On trying to run ./jnbSA, the following errors appear:

java version "1.4.0_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_04-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0_04-b04, mixed mode)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /freespace/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1480)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1396)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:772)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1397)
at java.awt.Toolkit.(Toolkit.java:1418)
at java.awt.Color.(Color.java:250)
at vrts.common.utilities.SwingUI.(SwingUI.java:26)
at vrts.common.utilities.CommonUIFactory.setUIDefaults(CommonUIFactory.java:61)
at vrts.nbe.JavaPresentationLayer.(JavaPresentationLayer.java:40)
at vrts.nbe.AdminConsole.(AdminConsole.java:27)
at vrts.nbe.AdminConsole.main(AdminConsole.java:40)

note: /freespace/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so is present (we had to symbolically link /usr/openv with /freespace/openv/ due to veritas storage foundation problems prior to the build so SAN space for /usr/openv couldnt be presented in time, all data will be moved to the /usr/openv on the SAN when available)

Also, when trying to log in remotely using the windows java console, i get:

Unable to login, status 505
Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service on hostname xxxxx on the configured port - 13722. Check the log file for more details.

I've had a look around and not found reference to this error with running the Java Admin console so far.

Thanks in advance
Mike
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Haslam
Level 3
Worked out the problem in the end, if anyone else has this issue or in the slightest bit interested :) :

The java console issue was fixed by installing the X11 32 bit binaries onto the server

The bpjava-mvsc problem was due to missing PAM 32 bit binaries on the system - fixed by installing the relevent RPM's also.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thank you for the followup. How did you find the solutions you posted?

Michael_Haslam
Level 3
The X11 binaries were we eventually found the answer from a Tech Support call placed with Symantec, the PAM binaries we worked out ourselves after going through the logs and finding reference to libpam.so.0 missing - kind of guessed that it would also be a 32 bit binary problem as the Java GUI is a 32Bit app.

Michael_Haslam
Level 3
Fixed as detailed in previous response by thread starter.