cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NB7 32-bit Linux client push install

gameOver
Level 3
Since Netbackup 7 does not support 32-bit Linux clients, it is not possible to push install over ssh a new client, which was by the way very convienient on 6.5.
Is here any advanced users who could work out an unsupported way doing it? Somehow put 6.5 and 6.5.5 update files to NB7 master server, so you could push install 32-bit Linux clients.

At the moment local install files with 6.5.5 update are over a 1 GB big and it is really unconvienient to install if you are used to better ways...
2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT SUPPORT ADVICE AND WE DEFINITELY WOULDN'T SUPPORT IT, IN FACT I'M ALREADY SORRY I'M EVEN THINKING ABOUT OFFERING THIS ADVICE

If you still have a 6.5.5 master somewhere, you MIGHT be able to tar up the /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.4 (for example) subdirectory and then drop it off within your 7.0 master (if you already have a Linux/RedHat2.4, obviously you'll want to rename the new one to something else - either change the "Linux" by creating another directory underneath .../client, or change the "RedHat2.4" by creating another subdirectory underneath .../Linux - I would suggest including "65" in the string somewhere so you remember later what the heck this is).

You'll have to change your new client to whatever will match the directory you just created, but I THINK it might work.  I'm not sure you have anything to lose by trying it, at least, so long as you don't overwrite anything that already exists on your master.  (PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.)

You know....this is probably a terrible idea, though.  Please don't sue me if you try it and odd things happen.  For this post, I am not speaking for Symantec and you shouldn't think of this as anything more than an academic discussion of a hypothetical situation.  (Does that cover me, boss?  :) )

gameOver
Level 3
Too bad, I do not have 6.5 master any more...